SPROUTED SATHUMAVU HEALTH MIX – Homemade Cerelac for Babies, Toddlers, Kids & Family
Read this article in
Mixed Millet Flour – Protein-Rich, Immunity Booster, Weight Gaining Food – Homemade Cerelac for Growing Babies.
Sprouted Sathumavu is a Health mix powder, homemade Protein-rich mix, highly termed as Homemade Ceralac, Ready to Make Porridge mix for your growing baby to a toddler. Sathumaavu is basically a combination of mixed millets flour that’s sprouted for added nutrients, to make the energy mix. This is a very handy recipe, just take millets of choice and sprout them, and grind to make powder or flour.
Can be given to 8 months +
An Incredible right combination of 17 nutrition rich ingredients makes this Sprouted Sathu Mavu – Health Mix – Multigrain Powder for Kids highly absorbable and digestible and nothing better than this for your growing tots with this recipe. Below is the image with translations of all ingredients for your convenience.
How to prepare Sprouted Health Mix – Sathu Mavu at home
Video in Hindi – अॅकुरित् सत्तु मावु
Video in Kannada – ಮೊಳಕೆ ಕಾಳುಗಳ ಸರಿ
SPROUTED SATHUMAVU HEALTH MIX - Homemade Cerelac for Babies, Toddlers, Kids & Family
Recipe Type: Baby food
- Finger Millet / Ragi - 1/2 cup
- Sorgham / Jowar - 1/2 cup
- Horse gram - 1/2 cup
- Whole wheat - 1/2 cup
- Pearl Millet / Bajra - 1/2 cup
- Green Gram / Hara Chana - 1/2 cup
- Black Gram / Sabut Urad Dal
- Rice - ½ cup
- Moong Dal - ½ cup
- Masoor Dal - ½ cup
- Sago - ½ cup
- Badam - ½ cup
- Pista - ½ cup
- Cashew Nuts - ½ cup
- Ginger – 5 Grams
- Cardamom/Elaichi – 8 Pieces
- Carom seeds/Ajwain – 1/2 tsp
- Wash rinse all grains for sprouts and soak it for 6-8 hours
- Remove the water and tie it separately in muslin cloth for 8 hours
- Once sprouted, sun dry it for 1-3 days
- Dry roast the sprouted grains and other ingredients
- Cool it and grind it to fine powder
- Sieve & store it in airtight container
- Use it as and when required
Beneﬁts of Sprouted Whole Grains
Sprouted grains enhance the key nutrients, vitamins B, vitamin C, folates, ﬁber, and essential amino acids often lacking in grains. Sprouted grains may also be less allergenic to those with grain protein sensitivities and has shown great absorption. It can be consumed by pregnant ladies and nursing mothers for better health.
Varieties that can be prepared with Sprouted Sathumavu
- The healthy millet mix could be used to make breakfast like dosa, idly, or sweet and savories, or usual porridge.
- The combinations of fruits like banana can be added for natural sweetener and ease digestion.
- This healthy mix can be converted to healthy and handy savory for millets laddoo when travelling with your baby or toddler.
How to cook Sprouted Health Mix Porridge using powder
Cooking Process and Natural Taste Enhancers for a Rich Healthy Sprouted Sathumavu Meal
- Milk, water, almond milk can be used as the medium for cooking the healthy Sathumavu.
- Add ghee, this helps in enhancing the taste. Also ghee helps in strengthens the bones of growing toddler.
- Adding Dry Fruits Powder to the cooked sathumavu while serving makes it highly nutritious.
- Add mashed banana for fruity taste or organic jaggery for natural sweetener.
How to store?
Can be stored in an air-tight container in a cool place for 4 months. Stays well for an year when refrigerated.
With this quick sneak peak to the benefits and cooking varieties with the Sprouted Sathumavu, let’s just jump into the recipe part and list of ingredients.