RAGI ROTTI – DIABETIC FRIENDLY & GLUTEN FREE FOOD for Babies, Toddlers, Kids & Family
Read this article in
Toddlers are over the Porridge and Ragi Sathumavu days, well parents are worried how to include Ragi in their little ones diet, in that case your toddlers need something different and chewable to explore their taste buds. In that case we can definitely use the Bone building base of Sathumavu the Finger Millet or Ragi as the main ingredient and play around with many veggies making it interesting and colorful for the toddlers and the kids to touch, feel, explore and smell the food they are eating and relish the hidden contents there by making them independent on eating the finger food and enhancing the motor skills.
Ragi Rotti’s ingredients are combined in a way to make it crispy, healthy, full of veggies like Onions and Carrots and mainly the special touch of Sabbakki leaves giving a unique flavor for the usual Ragi Rotti, is a must try this summer as Sabbakki leaves are known for their cooling properties.
How to make RAGI ROTTI – DIABETIC FRIENDLY & GLUTEN FREE FOOD for Babies, Toddlers, Kids & Family
नछनि / रागी रोटी – Video in Hindi
Ragi Rotti - Gluten Free Ragi Roti
Recipe Type: Breakfast, evening snacks, dinner
- Ragi Flour – 1 cup
- Onion – ½ small finely chopped
- Carrot – ½ grated
- Coriander leaves – little
- Sabbakki / Dill leaves – little
- Green Chilli – 2 finely chopped or paste
- Coconut – 1 tbsp optional
- Salt – As required
- Hot Water – As needed
- Oil / Ghee to cook
- Once all the ingredients are made ready and handy to use, we need to boil the Water and use accordingly. Add all the above mentioned ingredients into a clean glass bowl for mixing.
- Add hot Water as required to get the Ragi Rotti dough consistency and making it easier for flattening on a butter paper. Add Oil to the butter paper to evenly flatten the dough of Ragi Rotti, we can flatten as thin as possible.
- Transfer it on the non-stick tava and allow cooking both sides, add Ghee as required to cook the dough into a tasty crispy ready to serve cooked Ragi Rotti.
- Tasty and nutritious rich in Calcium Ragi Rotti ready to serve for the toddlers and kids and definitely to the family as well.
Goodness of Ragi
- High nutritional content – Highly recommended as weaning food for babies, prevents malnutrition
- Strengthens Baby Bones thereby helps development
- Maintains bone health and prevents bone erosion in adults
- Easily digestible
- Non-glutinous, keeps the stomach full for a longer
- Eases bowel movement and prevents constipation as well.
- Ideal for pregnant woman, and helps build immunity for the baby
- High calcium and iron
- It is good for lactating mother due to its high calcium and iron content
Benefits of Carrot
- Easy to digest for small growing tummy
- Remedy for diarrhea
- Supplies essential Vitamins and Minerals
- Remedy against intestinal worms
- Acts like a natural laxative because of their inherited properties of dietary fiber
- Promote a strong immune system and protects against heart
- Rich in fiber, which helps in normal bowel movements
- Aids baby’s eyes health
- Excellent source of Vitamin A
- Fortified with Iron, Calcium and Vitamin C
Goodness of Dill leaves or Sabbakki leaves
- Helps in Digestion – Improves the digestion functioning
- Induces sleep
- Strengthens bones inturn prevents Osteoporosis
Benefits of Coconut
- Rich in Protein, Fiber, Iron
- Delivers its sweetness naturally to the dish
- Gluten free and low in carbohydrates
- Improves digestion and absorption