RAGI MALT – SWEET & SAVORY for Toddlers, Kids & Family
Read this article in
Summer over the top, heat is spinning the energy over all; time to pitch in the summer coolers or shooters, all that we need is our special Ragi Malt Sweet and Savory, the most awaited and tempting cooler to grab on once we are back home. This can be prepared and kept chill in the fridge and always inviting for refreshment and keep the hunger pangs at ease and the body healthy. The sweet version can be had to hydrate and energize for that moment and stay refreshed after a long outing in the sun. We can give this for toddlers who are 1 year +, this could keep them cool and cranky free from the humid weather and stay cool.
Preferably called as Ragi Kanji, Ragi Ambali, Finger Millet Malt, Nachni sweet and salt version, in short it’s the health drink from Finger Millet/ Ragi for the kids and family and in case the toddlers are interested we can customize it accordingly. An instant energy booster and cools the body internally, either sweet or salt it’s a must for this summer and stay full for a longer time.
How to make RAGI MALT – SWEET & SAVORY for Toddlers, Kids & Family
नचनी माल्ट | मीठा और नमकीन | – Video in Hindi
ಸಿಹಿ ರಾಗಿ ಮಾಲ್ಟ್ ಮತ್ತು ಅಂಬಲಿ – Video in Kannada
RAGI MALT - SWEET & SAVORY for Toddlers, Kids & Family
Recipe Type: Health Drink
- Ragi – ¼ cup
- Water – 2 cups
- Cooked Ragi Mixture – ½
- Organic Jaggery – 2 tsp
- Ghee – 1 tsp
- Milk – ½ cup (As needed)
Ragi Gangi/ Ambali/ Savory
- Cooked Ragi Mixture – ½ cooked
- Cumin powder – A pinch
- Hing – A pinch
- Jaggery – ½ chopped (Optional)
- Onion – ½ chopped (Optional)
- Salt – As needed
- Firstly cook Ragi – ¼ cup in 2 cups Water for five minutes and keep aside. Make two parts of the cooked Ragi for savory and sweet version; now keep aside to cool down
- For the first half of the cooked Ragi mixture, add Ghee – 1 tsp and Milk – ½ cup. Now we add Jaggery – 2 tsp and give a quick stir and allow it to dissolve for 2-5 minutes approximately. Serve hot or warm.
- The other half of the cooked Ragi mixture we add a pinch of Cumin powder, Hing and Jaggery – ½ chopped (Optional), Onion – ½ chopped (Optional) and finally Salt as needed. Mix them well and serve it chill.
- Serve the tempting cool and hot Ragi Malt Sweet and Savory for the entire family including the toddlers and kids.
- Salt, Onions and Hing can be removed while preparing for toddlers consumption.
Benefits of Ragi
- Boosts stamina and provides instant energy
- Highly beneficial for pregnant woman and breastfeeding mothers
- Strengthens growing bones
- Packed with proteins, good vegetarian super food with high fiber content
Benefits of Organic Jaggery
- Natural Sweetener
- Organic and normal sweet content
- Alternative to Sugar
- Enhances the savories dish and pancakes
Benefits of Hing, Cumin
- Enhances the taste
- Helps in digestion