RAGI CHAKLI for Toddlers, Kids & Family
Read this article in
Chakli reminds me of my grandma preparing for the festive season. Chakli, also known as Murukku in South India, Chakri in Gujrat is one of the favorite savory snack of India. A healthy & tasty snack box, breakfast or evening snack food loved by all.
Chakli is usually made by gram flour & rice flour. Ragi chakli / Ragi murukku adds some more taste and nutrition. Ragi or Nachni or finger millet is high in nutrition and is best for preventing Iron & Calcium deficiencies in babies, toddlers & kids. Very nutritious for all stages of life. Can be given to 1 year+.
Try our organic & ready to use Sprouted Ragi Powder
How to make RAGI CHAKLI for Kids & Family :
Video in Hindi : नछ्नी चकली
Video in Kannada : ರಾಗಿ ಚಕ್ಲಿ
Ragi chakli for kids & family
Recipe Type: Breakfast, evening snacks, snack box
- Ragi Flour - 1 cup
- Besan / Gram Flour - 1/2 cup
- Rice Flour - 1/2 cup
- Chilli Powder - 2 tsp
- Hing / Asafoetida - 2 pinches
- Seasam Seeds / Til - 2 tsp
- Ghee or oil - 1 tbsp
- Salt - as needed
- Water - 3/4 cup
- Oil - for deep frying
- Add all the dry ingredients to a big bowl.
- Heat the 1 tbsp of oil/ghee and add it to dry ingredients mixture.
- Mix the oil uniformly with the dry ingredients mixture.
- Add water to mix it into a dough.
- In the meantime keep the oil heat for frying chakli.
- Grease the chakli press with a little oil.
- Take a small portion of the dough and place it in the chakli press. Press it and make it into a small round shape.
- Put the chakli in the heated oil for frying.
- Fry till the color changes.
- Serve once cooled.
Benefits of Ragi/ Nachni/ Finger Millet for Babies
- Easily digestible
- Rich in iron & Calcium
- High in dietary fibers
- Makes feel fuller