BEETROOT PEAS PULAO for Babies, Toddlers, Kids & Family
Read this article in
It is really amazing how this easily available root vegetable can boost the nutrition value of any food. It is loaded with Vitamin A and Calcium which plays a very important role in your babies healthy development. Using Beet regularly helps improved digestion, increase in brain development and most importantly cure for anaemia in babies.
This Beetroot Peas Pulao is my way to include this rarely used rich vegetable in our routine family foods. Yes, otherwise reluctant daddy and daughter duo have this Pulao very happily and this makes me share this easy recipe to you too. Along with our Spinach Paneer Rice and Sweet Corn Pepper Rice this can be given to 8 Months +
How to make QUICK AND EASY BEETROOT PEAS PULAO – Wholesome Breakfast
Video in Kannada – ಬೀಟ್ರೂಟ್ ಬಟಾಣಿ ಪುಲಾವ್
QUICK AND EASY BEETROOT PEAS PULAO - Wholesome Breakfast
Recipe Type: Breakfast, evening snacks, dinner
- Rice - 1 cup soaked
- Beetroot – 1 grated
- Onion – 1
- Tomato – 1
- Peas – 3/4 cup
- Lemon juice – 1 tsp
- Cashewnuts – 20 soaked
- Chilly Powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Oil – 1/4 cup
- Curry leaves – 1 string
- Bay leaf – 2
- Cinnamon stick – 1 inch
- Star anise – 1
- Cashewnuts - 10-15
- Soak the cashewnuts and rice in water(separately), before starting to chop/grate other vegetables.
- Take Soaked Cashews and Chilly Powder and make a smooth paste.
- Take a pan and add oil followed by other ingredients in “To temper".
- Add chopped onion fry till it turns translucent and add grated beetroot and fry until it leaves the raw smell.
- Add Beetroot, Peas, Tomato, “To grind” and chopped tomato fry and cook by covering till mushy.
- Add soaked rice(soaked about 15-20 minutes) and mix and fry for a minute in the masala vegetable mixture.
- Add Water, followed by milk, salt and lime juice.
- Cover and Cook on low flame for about 15-20 minutes.
- Add Ghee(optional)
- Quick and easy Beetroot Peas Pulao is ready to be served.
- Adding a pinch of salt after tomato helps it cook well
- Can be cooked in Pressure Cooker as well, for 3 whistles.
Benefits of Beetroot for Babies
- Rich in iron and calcium
- Cures anemia
- Improves digestion
- High in soluble fibre
- Good source of vitamins
Benefits of Peas for Babies
- High in fiber
- Prevents constipation
Benefits of Rice for Babies
- Good source of energy
- Easy to digest
- Rice in vitamins