Oats mooli paratha
Read this article in
We all are aware of the health benefits of Oats, but least is known about Mooli or Radish. Mooli or Radish is a root vegetable which helps beat Cold and Cough, helps recover from Jaundice, fights Constipation and boosts Immunity.
These health benefits make it best to introduce them to our babies after starting solids. This Oats Mooli Paratha can be served as a finger-food for babies minus salt and makes a healthy Breakfast and Snack box option too.
- Mooli / Radish – 5 grated
- Oats – 1 cup
- Wheat – 1 ½ cup
- Chilli Powder – 2 tsp
- Turmeric – ½ tsp
- Ajwain / Carom seeds – 2 tsp
- Salt – ½ tsp or as required
- Oil – 2 tbsp
1.Ingredients used for Oats Mooli Paratha are kept ready and accessible for preparation
2. Radish is grated and kept ready for the recipe.
3. Make small balls of grated Mooli, extract or squeeze the juice in a glass collecting bowl, we can reuse the Mooli Juice later while mixing the dough.
4. Add the extracted Radish to a heated non-stick tava.
5. Add Salt and Carom seeds as mentioned above in the ingredients list.
6. Now add Turmeric and Chilli Powder to the mixture on the heated non-stick tava.
7. Oil is poured on to the mixture on non-stick tava.
8. Mix the mixture until its mixed well, allow it to cook till it’s mushy and soft.
9. Once the mixture is cooled transfer to a clean plate and now it’s ready to use.
10. Now add wheat flour and Oats to the extracted Mooli Juice.
11. Add Oats to the glass bowl containing Mooli juice and wheat flour.
12. The cooked Mooli mixture is also added to the flour bowl and given a quick mix manually to get soft dough.
12. Form a soft dough of the mixture manually.
13. Let’s allow the Oats Mooli Paratha dough to rest for 20 minutes.
13. Take a small portion of the dough and roll it thin.
14. Roast the flattened dough with oil or ghee on heated non- stick tava.
15. Hot and soft Oats Mooli Paaratha is ready to serve.
You may have to keep few things in mind while preparing Oats Mooli Paratha.
- Ensure not to overcook the Mooli Masala Mix.
- Grated Mooli Juice was enough for me to make dough. Add little water if required.
- As we have already cooked the mixture in oil, the dough wouldn’t need additional oil.
- Do not expect a easily pliable Sathumavu Mooli Paratha like regular chapathi dough. Ensure to slowly roll out the thin paratha.
- Curry leaves powder could be added for a healthy touch.