KERALA BANANA POWDER for Babies, Toddlers & Kids
Read this article in
Kerala Banana Powder also called the Ethakka Podi in Kerala is a complete natural and a perfect First Food for your Babies. Kerala Banana Powder prepared using Raw Kerala Banana is a traditional food from world famous Land of Ayurveda. It can be given to babies in all seasons as they do not cause any cough or cold and best part being an Immunity Booster Weight Gaining Food.
Food given to babies should be 100% pure and natural. Banana porridge prepared from natural Kerala Banana Powder or Kannan Kaya powder is believed to be an ideal food for babies. My little one who was also a preemie started on this when she was 7 months old. She’s loved the taste of this so well that till date, 4 years old now, likes to have it occasionally.
When can I give my baby Kerala Banana Powder?
Once the baby completes 6 months and you start with Fruits and Vegetable Puree you can start this.
If you are unable to find Raw Kerala Banana or too occupied with baby to make this at home, you can buy our Homemade Organic Kerala Banana Powder at our Store which are home delivered as well. “Store Bought, yet Mom Made”
How to make Kerala Banana Powder for Babies ?
Kerala Banana Powder
Recipe Type: Breakfast, Dinner
- Fresh, Green and Raw Kerala Banana
- Apply enough oil on your palm
- Make 4-5 slit vertically on each Banana with a knife
- Peel the skin
- Slice Banana as thin as possible using a Slicer
- Sun dry for 2-3 days until crisp
- Powder the sundried Banana chips and store until 6 months
- Make porridge using milk, ghee and/or jaggery
Things to remember before making the Kerala Banana powder
- Make sure you dry the banana well before grinding it.
- Always make small batches, so the powder stays fresh for long time.
- You can store the powder in air tight container in fridge and store 6 months and above.
Click image to download FREE E-Book
Benefits of Kerala Banana Powder
- Easily digestible early food, doesn’t cause cough or cold.
- Helps in healthy weight gain in the babies.
- For treatment of dyspepsia (indigestion)
- High content of dietary fiber.
- Power packed with carbohydrates, minerals and vitamins.
Preparation of Kerala Banana Porridge (Ethakka podi porridge)
Raw Kerala Banana Powder – 2 tbsp
Water / Milk – 1 cup
Ghee – 1 tsp(optional)
Organic Jaggery Powder – optional(for 1 year above only)
1. Add 2 tablespoon banana powder, mix with water or milk (1 cup) until it dissolves and lump free.
2. Heat this mixture on low flame stirring continuously. Once it starts cooking add palm sugar or jaggery to it.
3. When the porridge starts coming off the sides of the cooking pan in which it is cooked, then it means that the porridge is well cooked.
4. Off the heat and add 1 or 1/2 tsp of pure ghee, Kerala Banana Porridge is ready to serve.