INSTANT SOYA POHA CEREAL – TRAVEL FOOD for Babies & Toddlers
Read this article in
This is our second Instant Mix recipe for babies, first being INSTANT KHICHDI MIX was a huge hit with moms across the world. And on a huge demand I’m coming up with yet another Instant Mix Recipe for babies which is INSTANT SOYA POHA CEREAL.
This is a well thought recipe keeping in mind the Protein requirement for Vegetarians. Soya is a boon for vegetarians and hence very widely used in many recipes. Soya when roasted well is edible just like peanuts, and doesn’t need further cooking. Also Thin Poha/Beaten Rice needs very minimal cooking and the same job is done by using piping hot water to make this mix. I’m sure you would second my opinion on this.
This Instant Soya Poha Cereal can be started for babies after 7 months. As babies at this age need only one or two solids maximum per day, on your next travel you can carry a pack of this Instant Soya Poha Cereal Mix, a Flask of Piping Hot Water, a Bowl and a Spoon, and tada… babies food can be just made in a whisk.
How to make INSTANT SOYA POHA CEREAL – TRAVEL FOOD for Babies & Toddlers
INSTANT SOYA POHA CEREAL - TRAVEL FOOD for Babies & Toddlers
Recipe Type: Indian Baby Food
- Soya - 2 tbsp
- Poha - 2 cups
- Ajwain/Omam - a pinch
- Take a pan and Dry Roast Thin Poha/Beaten Rice for 2 minutes and transfer to a plate to cool. Add Soyabean to the same pan and on very low flame dry roast until color changes. Check if cooked and roasted well by popping a Soyabean or two into your mouth, to be double sure of.
- Transfer the well roasted Soyabean to the same plate. Add Ajwain/Omam/Oregano which helps easy digestion to the pan and just give a quick stir for a minute.
- Add all the cooled ingredients to a clean dry mixer grinder and powder fine, very fine.
- On your next travel, take the bottle of Instant Soya Poha Cereal Mix, a Flask of Hot Water, a Bowl and a Spoon and quickly prepare the Instant Mix.
- First make a thick paste of the mixture to avoid lumps forming. And then add little more water as required and adjust the porridge consistency.
- Your baby's food is ready.. Tada...
Check out our range of Organic Instant Baby Foods OnlineINSTANT BABY FOODS