HOMEMADE RICE CEREAL for Babies
Read this article in
Homemade Rice cereal is the first food of choice for many babies, considering the age being 6 months and above. We purely believe in exclusive breastfeeding for infants till six months, later introduce solids and continue breastfeeding for a minimum of one year.
Why infant cereal?
Rice cereal has been recommended as a first food due to its low allergenic properties and easily digestible nature. Other reason considered for starting with rice cereal rice is, it is fortified with iron.
Variety of Rice Used
- Whole grain rice is not processed very much, so it is high in nutritional value and that’s the reason we prefer using unpolished par-boiled rice for the preparation of Rice Cereal.
- Special suggestion would be Brown Rice, and red rice as well, instead of white rice, this add different taste and natural color and healthy as well.
- The rice cereal can help these babies keep their formula milk down.
For the Rice cereal to cook, we can use:
- Breast Milk (add and mix once cooked with water)
- Cow Milk (For babies above one year)
- Formula Milk (add and mix once cooked with water)
Check our 6 months Baby Food Chart for more ideas on what can be given.
For kids above one year we suggest to cook the rice cereal with milk, later add dry fruits powder, cinnamon powder, cardamom powder, cloves powder, kesar for a richer taste. As a mother of a picky eater I always try innovating with natural tastes and natural color keeping my naughty son taste preference in mind. I use fruits puree, mashed bananas, carrot purees, and other creative touch for making it interesting; these will add taste and colorful approach for attracting the babies to finish the meal.
How to make HOMEMADE RICE CEREAL for Babies
Homemade Rice Cereal for Babies
Recipe Type: First Food
IngredientsFor Rice Cereal :
- Par Boiled Rice - 1 cup
- Homemade Rice Cereal - 2 tbsp
- Water/Milk - 1 cup
- Ghee - optional
MethodHomemade Rice Cereal for Babies
- Take a cup of Par Boiled Rice/ Red Rice / Brown Rice in a clean bowl. Add water, squeeze and wash twice.
- Strain immediately ensuring that rice is not soaking much water.
- Transfer the strained Rice to a heated pan and dry roast until color changes and becomes fluffy for about 10-15 mins depending on the texture of the rice.
- Take a clean mixer jar and transfer the cooled Roasted Rice and grind well.
- Store the powder in an Air-tight container and use when required.
- Take a cup of water and mix 2 tbsp of Homemade Rice Cereal lump-free.
- Once mixed lump free put the flame on all cook the mixture on medium low flame until it thickens. Once cooled it can become too thick hence check the required consistency.
- Homemade Rice Porridge using Homemade Rice Cereal for babies is ready to serve once cooled.
Health Benefits of Homemade Rice Cereal
- Ability to provide fast and instant energy, regulate and improve bowel movements
- Stabilize blood sugar levels
- Slows down the aging process.
- Providing an essential source of vitamin B1
- Ability to boost skin health,
- Increase the metabolism, and aid in digestion
- Improve the immune system
Busy yet want to give the best Homemade Products to your little one?
We manufacture and prepare Fresh Baby Foods, FSSAI Certified and Parents’ Trusted
(Preservative and Additive Free for sure)Buy Organic Baby Foods