DATES & RAISINS POHA KHEER – SUGARLESS DESSERT for Babies, Toddlers, Kids & Family
Read this article in
WHO recommends no sugar, salt and honey till an year. This doesn’t mean your little one can’t enjoy festival desserts. This Dates and Raisins Poha Kheer has been worked out in a way where babies can enjoy the goodness of the taste and benefit by its nutrition as well
Dates are a power packed special Dry Fruits with a lot of nutrients and are one of the best foods for kid’s memory power and nourishment. They are a boon for kids and babies and adults for digestive issues and they are instant energy boosters, hence ideal for consuming in the morning.
Dates are recommended to introduce to toddlers and babies after 8 month + because of their essential Vitamins and Minerals needed for child growth.
Is Dates Ideal for Infants?
It’s ideal to start giving Dates to a child right from the time they are introduced to solid food or after baby is six months old. The nutritive value of dates adds up to the overall development of your child.
How to make DATES & RAISINS POHA KHEER – SUGARLESS DESSERT for Babies, Toddlers, Kids & Family
DATES & RAISINS POHA KHEER - SUGARLESS DESSERT for Babies, Toddlers, Kids & Family
Recipe Type: Snacks, Savories
- Poha 3 tbspDates – 3 chopped
- Raisins – 10 chopped
- Cardamom powder - a pinch
- Kesar - 5 Strands
- Water - 2 tbsp
- Milk - 1 cup
- Rinse well and Soak poha for 5 mins and strain and keep aside. Soak for a longer period if you wish to have a mushy and porridge like consistency for the Dates and Raisins Kheer for your baby. Add 2 tbsp water in a pan, along with dates, raisins and mix well to form a paste like below.
- Add milk, ghee, poha, kesar and elaichi powder together, mix well and cook for 5 mins by closing the vessel with a lid.
- After 5 mins your Dates and Raisins Poha Kheer must be ready to be served to your baby.
- Add Ghee fried nuts for older babies and if necessary add Dry Fruits Powder as well.
Health Benefits of Dates for Kids
- The Calcium, Magnesium and the minerals are good for bone health and development. Potassium is good for child’s brain development and overall growth
- It’s highly beneficial and provides protection from Intestinal issues
- Dates are used to treat almost all types of intestinal disturbances happening in kids
- Helps in providing stronger teeth, better dental care for kids and babies. Chewing dates makes gums stronger, easy and quick teeth eruption also
- Helps in proper functioning of Liver. Dates have properties that help protect liver
- Helps in reducing ulcers and you can even give dates while following the medical assistance as well.
- Dates have dietary fibres and they are extremely helpful in treating constipation
- Provides soothing effect during fevers, Dates helps eliminate the discomfort existing during fever
- Helps in healthy weight gain, we can start giving dates with milk daily and you will see results soon
- Ensures overall Health Improvement, they are certified as the best alternative for fine sugar
Benefits of Poha for Babies
- Provides energy
- Easily digestible
- Rich in Iron, Carbohydrates
- Baby friendly and helps in chewing