Apple Sauce for Babies | How to make Apple Puree
Read this article in
Apple Sauce for Babies | How to make Apple Puree for Babies | Fruit puree recipe for babies | how to give apple to babies |
Apple Sauce is a treat for babies specially during those weaning days. Its known that breast milk is sweet in taste and hence when you offer apple sauce as weaning food or first food for babies, babies would readily accept it. Also, apples are highly nutritious and less allergenic making it a best baby food. Apples are rich in fibre hence they help keep babies digestive system healthy and run smooth during weaning.
Here to make this Apple Sauce recipe I’ve not used sugar and hence I’m referring this as only baby food. Instead of buying high cost branded puree packets one can easily make apple sauce at home, store it and use when required. Spread it over an ice tray, freeze it and store the cubes for months together. You just need to thaw them before serving to babies. Apple Sauce or Apple puree can be given to babies after 6 months.
- Carrot Apple Puree
- Vegetable Paneer Puree
- Multigrain Health Mix – Sattu Mavu
- Instant Khichdi Mix
- Puree Recipe Collection
- Apple Recipe Collection
Video : Apple Sauce / Puree for Babies
Ingredients to make Apple Sauce :
- Apple – 1 chopped
- Cinnamon – 2 inch pieces
Method of making Apple Sauce
1. In a thick bottom pan add chopped apple pieces with skin removed. Add few cinnamon pieces.
2. Add 1 cup of water. Cover with a lid and cook on low flame for 10-15 minutes or until the apples are soft.
3. Remove the lid and allow cooked apples to cool a bit. Remove the cinnamon sticks and transfer all the ingredients to a blender jar.
4. Blend smooth to a fine puree.
5. Apple Sauce or Apple Puree is ready to be served.
- Talk to pediatrician before introducing any new food to babies.
- Sugar can be added if the recipe is made for toddlers or kids.
- Serve fresh. Can be refrigerated and served within 4 hours, can be freezed and stored upto 3 months.