9 MONTHS INDIAN BABY FOOD CHART with Recipe Videos
Read this article in
By now the babies are ready for a lot more variety than last month. They are very unpredictable in behavior and also their eating habits. They become choosier, some may like fruits and some vegetables. Now the mom’s job is to cater their interest and also make sure that all other foods also go into their little tummies to provide all the nutrition required for their growth.
If you have a fussy eater, find out his interest, include other varieties in it and prepare food accordingly. Try, Try, Try… as I-M-POSSIBLE.
No doubt that breast milk is the best milk and should be the main food for the baby till he is one year.
Quantity of Food to be given to 9 months old
The quantity depends on the liking and baby’s hunger of the baby. Approximate amount is 1/2 cup. Do not force feed the baby. You can offer 2 meal & 2 snack for 9 months baby, along with the breast feed and / or formula milk. You may decide the timings for meal & snack as per your convenience.
Things you should keep in mind
- Thick consistency food
- Introduce different taste, flavor & texture food
- Always given freshly prepared food
- Do not forcefully feed your child
- Gradually increase the portion
- Sterilise the bowls, spoons, vessels used to feed the baby in hot water
- No salt, sugar or honey for baby until 1 year
- Always feed breast milk / formula milk on demand of the baby
- Steaming is healthier than pressure cooking.
What foods can be given to 9 months old?
- Breast Milk – Continue breast milk or formula milk
- Fruits – Apple, Banana, Mango, Sapota / Chiku, Pears, Plums, Pumpkin, dates, figs, grapes
- Vegetables – Boiled & mashed vegetables like potato, carrots, sweet potato, green peas, cauliflour, beans, leafy vegetable
- Cereals & Pulses – Cereals and pulses such as rice, barley, ragi, sooji / semolina, broken wheat/ daliya, chick peas, green gram/ moong, urad dal and oats
- Combinations – Experiment different combinations or mixtures of food. Like fruit & cereal, Vegetables & pulses or lentils etc
- Dairy – Curd / yogurt, paneer/ cottage cheese, tofu
- Spices: Turmeric, garlic, ginger, asafoetida, cumin seeds, pepper, coriander seeds, fennel seeds, caroms, fenugreek, mustard seeds, cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamom (all can be added in little amount say a pinch)
9 MONTHS BABY – INDIAN FOOD CHART / MEAL PLAN SAMPLE
Below is the sample Weekly Baby Food Chart / Meal Plan With recipes (please refer hyperlinks to get the recipes) for 9 Months you can refer.
9 MONTHS BABY MEAL PLAN – WEEK 1
|Monday||Oats Porridge||Kerala Banana Porridge||Potato Soup||Savory Oats Pancake|
|Tuesday||Rice Khichadi||Foxtail Millet Veg Fried Rice||Any Cut Fruit||Rice & Vegetable Mash|
|Wednesday||Sathu Mavu Aloo Cutlets||Dates & Raisins Poha Kheer||Carrot Tomato Soup||Makhana Sooji Kheer|
|Thursday||Wheat Cereal||Spinach Oats Dosa & Pancake||Pear Puree||Daliya Upma|
|Friday||Stewed Apple||Daliya Khichdi With Moongdal||Beetroot Soup||Vegetable Pulao|
|Saturday||Multigrain Sathu Mavu Porridge||Ragi Rotti||Apple Puree||Daliya Khichdi with Moongdal|
|Sunday||Sweet Potato Puree||Instant Makhana Porridge||Rice Ganji/Kanji||Steamed Idli|
9 MONTHS BABY MEAL PLAN – WEEK 2
|Monday||Wheat Daliya||Sugarless Sabudana Kheer||Pumpkin Puree||Plain Sevai|
|Tuesday||Sprouted Ragi Milk||Oats Mooli Paratha||Vegetable Dal Soup||Sprouted Health Multigrain Mix|
|Wednesday||Bajra Rice Khichadi||Instant Ragi Dosa With Banana And Jaggery||Carrot Coins Finger Foods||Barnyard Millet Idli|
|Thursday||Oats Porridge||Seviya Upma||Instant Poha Fruit Porridge||Daliya Khichdi with Moongdal|
|Friday||Multigrain Sathu Mavu Porridge||Makhana Sooji Kheer||Potato Soup||Instant Wheat Rava Dosa|
|Saturday||Ragi Oatmeal Porridge||Foxtail Millet Dosa||Vegetable Dal Soup||Chapati soaked in Dal
|Sunday||Pumpkin Kheer||Barley Moong Khichdi||Carrot Tomato Soup||Rice with Pepper Rasam|
9 MONTHS BABY MEAL PLAN – WEEK 3
|Monday||Mashed Banana||Barnyard Millet Dosa||Spinach Soup||Foxtail Millet Khichdi|
|Tuesday||Rice Cereal||Green Gram Dosa||Apple Rice Baby Food||Spinach Paneer Rice|
|Wednesday||Sooji Kheer||Oats Pancake||Pumpkin Soup||Rice with Pepper Rasam|
|Thursday||Rice Flour Upma||Curds Oats Khichdi||Vegetable Mash||Ragi Idli
|Friday||Kerala Banana Porridge||Instant Wheat Rava Dosa||Rice & Dal Kanji||Whole Wheat Dosa|
|Saturday||Mashed Banana||Foxtail Millet Khichdi||Carrot & Dal Mash||Vegetable Khichdi|
|Sunday||Sooji Kheer||Sprouted Moong Paratha||Cauliflower & Corn Thin Soup||Any Egg Yolk Recipe|
9 MONTHS BABY MEAL PLAN – WEEK 4
|Monday||Barley Apple Porridge||Spinach Paneer Rice||Pumpkin Puree||Instant Ragi Dosa|
|Tuesday||Ragi Kheer||Kerala Banana Halwa||Spinach Puree / Soup||Sweet Potato Fingers
|Wednesday||Kerala Banana Porridge||Apple & Little Millet Rice / Kheer||Baked Veggies||Tomati Rice
|Thursday||Sooji Halwa/ Kheer||Any Egg Yolk Recipe||Papaya Puree||Barley Moong Khichdi|
|Friday||Sprouted Health Multigrain Mix||Ragi Apple Pancake||Beetroot Puree / Soup||Apple & Little Millet Porridge|
|Saturday||Instant Poha Fruit Porridge||Foxtail Millet Khichdi||Lentil And Carrot Soup||Paneer Paratha
|Sunday||Barley Porridge||Sabudana Veg Khichdi||Vegetable Soup||Sathu Mavu Aloo Cutlets|
- These are ideas of Foods which can be given to 9 months baby.
- You may include 6 Months Baby Food Chart, 7 Months Baby Food Chart , 8 Months Baby Food Chart recipes also.
- You can introduce or repeat any food as per your choice and baby’s liking.
- 3 days rule doesn’t hold good anymore and hence new food every day is followed in the meal plan for 6 months baby as well.
- It is good to introduce varieties of Flavors and Foods to baby before an year to avoid any allergic issues in future.
Most importantly babies need different taste and texture daily, just like us so do not bore them with repetitions and make them hate food.
You can also buy Organic Certified Homemade Fresh Baby Food from our Store TOTS AND MOMS FOODS
All foods available at our Organic Baby Food Store Online can be given for a 9 month Old. Choose as per your baby’s liking
Few Products which can be helpful to make Baby Foods.
(Click on images to buy them)