8 MONTHS INDIAN BABY FOOD CHART with Recipe Videos
By 8 months, most of the babies may be crawling and would also be pushing hard to stand up. Also probably beginning to master the pincer grasp picking up small food pieces or objects and feeding themselves. Please find this 8 MONTHS INDIAN BABY FOOD CHART with Recipe Videos.
You can now introduce finger foods to encourage self-feeding to your baby’s diet. You may also introduce some aromatic & a small number of hot spices to develop the taste buds of the little tongue.
Do not force the baby and let him/her develop eating habits at their own pace. Just encourage them by introducing different foods.
What is Finger Food?
Finger foods are foods that can be eaten by using fingers instead of spoons, forks, knives, etc. It is very important to introduce finger foods by 8 months, as most babies develop their motor skills by then.
Quantity of Food to be given to 8 months old
The quantity depends on the liking and the baby’s hunger of the baby. The approximate amount is 1/2 cup. Do not force-feed the baby. You can offer 2 meals & a snack for 8 months baby, along with breastfeeding and/or formula milk. You may decide the timings for meal & snack as per your convenience.
Things you should keep in mind
• Thick consistency food
• Introduce different taste, flavor & texture food
• Always given freshly prepared food
• Do not forcefully feed your child
• Gradually increase the portion
• Always feed the baby when he/she is sitting. Do not feed when the baby is lying on back
• Sterilize the bowls, spoons, vessels used to feed the baby in hot water
• Always feed breast milk/formula milk on demand of the baby
• Steaming is healthier than pressure cooking.
What foods can be given to 8 months old?
• Breast Milk – Continue breast milk or formula milk
• Fruits – Apple, Banana, Mango, Sapota / Chiku, Pears, Plums, Pumpkin, dates, figs, grapes
• Combinations – Experiment with different combinations or mixtures of food. Like fruit & cereal, Vegetables & pulses or lentils, etc
• Dairy – Curd/yogurt, paneer/ cottage cheese, tofu
• Spices: Turmeric, garlic, ginger, asafoetida, cumin seeds, pepper, coriander seeds, fennel seeds, caroms, fenugreek, mustard seeds, cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamom (all can be added in little amount say a pinch)
Video: 8 MONTHS INDIAN BABY FOOD CHART with Recipe Videos
- To watch this video in Kannada – 8 ತಿಂಗಳು ಶಿಶು ಆಹಾರ ವಿಧಾನ
- To watch this video in Hindi – 8 महीने के बच्चे का आहार विधान
8 MONTHS BABY – INDIAN FOOD CHART SAMPLE
Below is the sample Weekly Baby Food Chart With recipes (please refer to hyperlinks to get the recipes) for 8 Months you can refer.
8 MONTHS INDIAN BABY FOOD CHART – WEEK 1
|Monday||Oats Porridge||Foxtail Millet Veg Fried Rice||Pumpkin Puree|
|Tuesday||Instant Moong Rice Khichdi||Oats Pancake Spicy||Vegetable Dal Soup|
|Wednesday||Sathu Mavu Aloo Cutlets||Dates & Raisins Poha Kheer||Carrot Coins Finger Foods|
|Thursday||Kerala Banana Powder Porridge||Spinach Oats Dosa & Pancake||Instant Poha Fruit Porridge|
|Friday||Stewed Apple||Daliya Khichdi With Moongdal||Potato Soup
|Saturday||Sprouted Health Mix - Sathu Mavu||Ragi Rotti||Carrot Tomato Soup|
|Sunday||Sweet Potato Puree||Instant Makhana Porridge||Vegetable Dal Soup|
8 MONTHS INDIAN BABY FOOD CHART – WEEK 2
|Monday||Wheat Daliya||Sugarless Sabudana Kheer||Spinach Soup
|Tuesday||Sprouted Ragi Milk||Oats Mooli Paratha||Apple Rice Baby Food|
|Wednesday||Bajra Rice Khichadi||Instant Ragi Dosa - Sweet||Pumpkin Soup
|Thursday||Oats Porridge||Little Millet Seviya Upma||Vegetable Mash|
|Friday||Sathu Mavu - Multigrain Porridge||Makhana Sooji Kheer||Rice & Dal Kanji
|Saturday||Ragi Oatmeal Porridge||Foxtail Millet Dosa||Carrot & Dal Mash
|Sunday||Pumpkin Kheer||Barley Moong Khichdi||Cauliflower & Corn Thin Soup|
8 MONTHS INDIAN BABY FOOD CHART – WEEK 3
|Monday||Mashed Banana||Sprouted Health Mix - Sathu Mavu||Potato Soup|
|Tuesday||Rice Cereal||Oats Porridge||Carrot Tomato Soup|
|Wednesday||Sprouted Health Mix - Sathu Mavu||Makhana Sooji Kheer||Carrot Soup
|Thursday||Kerala Banana Powder Porridge||Rice Flour Upma||Pear Puree|
|Friday||Barley Moong Khichdi||Mashed Potato||Beetroot Soup
|Saturday||Sathu Mavu - Multigrain Porridge||Mashed Banana||Apple Puree|
|Sunday||Sprouted Ragi Porridge||Carrot Coins Finger Foods||Rice Ganji/Kanji|
8 MONTHS INDIAN BABY FOOD CHART– WEEK 4
|Monday||Barley Apple Porridge||Spinach Paneer Rice||Pumpkin Puree|
|Tuesday||Ragi Kheer / Halwa||Rice Cereal||Spinach Puree / Soup|
|Wednesday||Kerala Banana Powder Porridge||Apple & Little Millet Rice / Kheer||Baked Veggies|
|Thursday||Sooji Halwa/ Kheer||Egg Recipes For Babies||Papaya Puree|
|Friday||Sprouted Health Mix - Sathu Mavu||Ragi Apple Pancake||Beetroot Puree / Soup|
|Saturday||Instant Poha Fruit Porridge||Aloo Paratha||Kerala Banana Halwa|
|Sunday||Barley Porridge||Sabudana Veg Khichdi||Vegetable Soup|
• These are ideas of Foods which can be given to 8 months baby.
• We have kept their nutrients requirements per day in mind while designing the Food Chart.
• You can introduce or repeat any food as per your choice and baby’s liking.
• 3 days rule doesn’t hold good anymore and hence new food every day is followed in the meal plan for 6 months baby as well.
• It’s good to introduce varieties of Flavors and Foods to baby before a year to avoid any allergic issues in the future.
• Most importantly babies need different tastes and textures daily, just like we so do not bore them with repetitions and make them hate food.
You can also buy Organic Certified Homemade Fresh Baby Food from our Store
Thank you for reading this article. For regular updates please join our Instagram, Kannada Instagram Page, Facebook Page, Whatsapp Group, Pinterest, and our YouTube Channel. You can also join our Facebook Group for regular discussions. Please don’t forget to leave a comment below.