7 Home Remedies for TEETHING in Babies
Read this article in
Find your little one with his/her finger going repeatedly into the mouth? Unable to understand why your baby is chewing the toys? Teething time! This article is about Home Remedies for TEETHING in babies.
What is Teething?
Teething in babies is the first tooth erupting out of an infant’s gum. Teething in babies generally happens between the age of 6 to 10 months. It is a process of growth and is a very cranky phase both for the baby and the parents as it causes tickling, pain, and uneasiness in the mouth. Some infants can also incur fever, running nose and diarrhea during teething. Here are a few Home remedies for TEETHING in Babies.
Top 7 Easy Home remedies for TEETHING in Babies
Watch till the end for a quick video
1. MASSAGE : Massage or Wipe the gums to soothe the baby’s mouth. And its good to use cold cloth for better soothing effect.
2. CLOVE OIL : Clove is a natural anesthetic; applying clove oil on the gums can numb the area for some time making your baby less cranky
3. TEETHERS : Teethers are the best-known toys given in this phase. Choose them wisely and be sure to check if its a good plastic and good to use wooden teethers.
4. HONEY : Its a natural pain killer and you may rub some honey on the gums. Not suggested for babies below an year.
5. COOL SPOON : A wonderful tip to freeze a steel spoon and hand it to baby to bite it and help comfort the gums.
6. FREEZED FRUITS OR VEGGIES : Best time to introduce finger foods. To make it healthy, peel fruits and vegetables, freeze them and let the little one bite it.
7. TEETHING BISCUIT : Much healthier option is a teething biscuit which can be home made for your baby to nibble on using healthy ingredients of course.
Other tips to manage a Teething Infant :
1. Other than the above listed Home Remedies for TEETHING in babies, it important to keep your baby clean during the phase of teething as there is a lot of saliva oozing out. Hence always wipe off your little one’ face with a washcloth to avoid drool rashes and other sorts of infection.
2. It is very difficult to put the baby to sleep in this phase. Cuddle more, narrate a story to divert so that teething ache is minimized.
Did Adam and Eve escape the phase of Teething? Not really, and so it’s a phase that happens to every child and to every parent. It’s a must for a healthy life ahead. Let’s make teething easier and happier with these home remedies.
Check out our Baby Friendly Recipes here :
Best 20 Home Remedies for Cough & Cold
Quick Video on How to cure baby of TEETHING PAIN