10 MONTHS INDIAN BABY FOOD CHART with Recipe Videos
Read this article in
10 MONTHS INDIAN BABY FOOD CHART with Recipe Videos | By now the babies are skilled eaters. Introduce all type of baby food that are homemade, nutritious, fresh, delicious and easy to prepare at home in the baby food menu. The only focus should be to feed your baby with wholesome goodness. You can introduce all of the family foods in mashed/ minced form (please keep in mind that sugar, salt, honey should be excluded till 1 year). Don’t force feed the baby. Encourage & introduce new foods by different permutation & combination as per the baby’s choice/ interest. Continue breastmilk or formula milk whenever the baby demands.
10 MONTHS INDIAN BABY FOOD CHART with Recipe Videos
Quantity of Food to be given to 10 months old
The quantity of baby food plan depends on the liking and baby’s hunger of the baby. Approximate amount is 1/2 cup. Do not force feed the baby. You can offer 2 meal & 2 snack for 10 months baby, along with the breast feed and / or formula milk. You may decide the timings for baby meal & snack as per your convenience.
Things you should keep in mind
- Thick consistency food
- Introduce different taste, flavor & texture food
- Always given freshly prepared food
- Do not forcefully feed your child
- Gradually increase the portion
- Always feed baby when he/she is sitting. Do not feed when the baby is lying on back
- Sterilise the bowls, spoons, vessels used to feed the baby in hot water
- No salt, sugar or honey for baby untill 1 year
- Always feed breast milk / formula milk on demand of the baby
- Steaming is healthier than pressure cooking
What foods can be given to 10 months old?
- Breast Milk – Continue breast milk or formula milk
- Fruits – Apple, Banana, Mango, Sapota / Chiku, Pears, Plums, Pumpkin, dates, figs, grapes, all seasonal fruits
- Vegetables – Boiled & mashed vegetables like potato, carrots, sweet potato, green peas, cauliflour, beans, leafy vegetable, all seasonal vegetables
- Cereals & Pulses – Cereals and pulses such as rice, barley, ragi, sooji / semolina, broken wheat/ daliya, chick peas, green gram/ moong, urad dal and oats
- Combinations – Experiment different combinations or mixtures of food. Like fruit & cereal, Vegetables & pulses or lentils etc
- Dairy – Curd / yogurt, paneer/ cottage cheese, tofu
- Spices: Turmeric, garlic, ginger, asafoetida, cumin seeds, pepper, coriander seeds, fennel seeds, caroms, fenugreek, mustard seeds, cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamom (all can be added in little amount say a pinch)
10 MONTHS BABY – INDIAN FOOD CHART SAMPLE
Below is the sample Weekly Baby Food Chart / Time Table With recipes (please refer hyperlinks to get the recipes) for 10 Months you can refer.
10 MONTHS INDIAN BABY FOOD CHART – WEEK 1
|Monday||Barley Apple Porridge||Spinach Paneer Rice||Pumpkin Puree||Instant Ragi dosa with banana and jaggery|
|Tuesday||Sprouted Ragi Porridge||Kerala Banana Halwa||Chickpea Patties||Sweet Potato Fingers
|Wednesday||Potato Khichadi||Apple & Little Millet Rice / Kheer||Baked Veggies||Tomati Rice
|Thursday||Sooji Halwa/ Kheer||Egg Yolk Oats Pancake||Papaya Puree||Barley Moong Khichdi|
|Friday||Peanut Butter Toast/ Sandwich||Ragi Apple Pancake||Beetroot Puree / Soup||Apple & Little millet rice / Kheer|
|Saturday||Instant Poha Fruit Porridge||Ragi Aloo Paratha||Multigrain Paneer Crackers||Rice Cereal Pancakes
|Sunday||Barley Porridge||Sabudana Veg Khichdi||Vegetable Soup||Peas Paneer Rice
10 MONTHS INDIAN BABY FOOD CHART– WEEK 2
|Monday||Mashed Banana||Barnyard Millet Idli & Dosa||Spinach Soup||Foxtail Millet Khichdi|
|Tuesday||Rice Cereal||Green Gram Dosa||Apple Rice Baby Food||Spinach Paneer Rice|
|Wednesday||Sooji Kheer||Oats Pancake||Pumpkin Soup||Curds Oats Khichdi|
|Thursday||Egg Yolk Omlette||Curds Oats Khichdi||Vegetable Mash||Ragi Idli|
|Friday||Kerala Banana Porridge||Instant Wheat Rava Dosa||Dry Fruits Laddu||Wheat Rava Dosa|
|Saturday||Sprouted Multigrain Health Mix||Foxtail Millet Khichdi||Spinach Oats Pancake||Spinach Massor Khichdi|
|Sunday||Almonds & Dates Choco Sandwich||Sprouted Moong Paratha||Cauliflower & Corn Thin Soup||Daliya Paneer Khichdi|
10 MONTHS INDIAN BABY FOOD CHART– WEEK 3
|Monday||Oats Porridge||Ragi Pumpkin Pancakes||Multigrain Pakoda||Rice with Pepper Rasam|
|Tuesday||Rice Khichadi||Oats Appam||Carrot Tomato Soup||Kerala Banana Dosa
|Wednesday||Sathu Mavu Aloo Cutlets||Dates & Raisins Poha Kheer||Carrot Coins||Makhana Sooji Kheer|
|Thursday||Bajra Rice Khichadi||Spinach Oats Dosa & Pancake||Pear Puree||Paneer Butter Masala with Chapati/ Rice|
|Friday||Kerala Banana Porridge||Daliya Khichdi With Moongdal||Beetroot Soup||Spinach Masoor Khichdi|
|Saturday||Multigrain Sathu Mavu Porridge||Ragi Rotti||Apple Puree||Pepper Rasam and Rice|
|Sunday||Sweet Potato Wedges||Instant Makhana Porridge||Rice Ganji/Kanji||Oats Pancake Spicy|
10 MONTHS INDIAN BABY FOOD CHART – WEEK 4
|Monday||Instant Soya Noodles with Vegetables||Sugarless Sabudana Kheer||Pumpkin Puree||Sweet Corn Pepper Rice|
|Tuesday||Sprouted Ragi Milk||Oats Mooli Paratha||Carrot Potato Soup||Sprouted Multigrain Health Mix|
|Wednesday||Kerala Banana Porridge||Plain Dal & Rice||Carrot Coins Finger Foods||Barnyard Millet Idli Dosa|
|Thursday||Oats Porridge||Little Millet Seviya Upma||Instant Poha Fruit Porridge||Daliya Khichdi with Moongdal|
|Friday||Sathu Mavu Porridge||Makhana Sooji Kheer||Potato Soup||Instant Wheat Rava Dosa|
|Saturday||Ragi Oatmeal Porridge||Foxtail Millet Dosa||Vegetable Dal Soup||Chapati soaked in Dal
|Sunday||Sprouted Multigrain Health Mix||Barley Moong Khichdi||Chickpea Patties||Pepper Rasam and Rice|
- These are ideas of Foods which can be given to 10 months baby.
- We have kept their nutrients requirement per day in mind while designing the Food Chart.
- You may include 6 Months Baby Food Chart , 7 Months Baby Food Chart , 8 Months Baby Food Chart & 9 Months Baby Food Chart recipes also.
- You can introduce or repeat any food as per your choice and baby’s liking.
- 3 days rule doesn’t hold good anymore and hence new food everyday is followed in the meal plan for 10 months baby as well.
- Its good to introduce varieties of Flavors and Foods to baby before an year to avoid any allergic issues in future.
- Most importantly babies need different taste and texture daily, just like us so do not bore them with repetitions and make them hate food.
Few Foods you can buy from our Organic Baby Food Store
for 10 months baby – TOTS AND MOMS FOODS
Preservatives, Additives, Sugar or Milk Solids Free Baby Foods
Instant Mixes :
Healthy Porridge Mixes :
Weight Gaining Foods as compliments with Porridges or any Baby Food :
We also have few Baby Foods Combo which would save you 5% on the total cost.
Few Products which can be helpful to make Baby Foods
(Click on images to buy them)