SPINACH OR PALAK PUREE for Babies & Toddlers
Read this article in
Healthy greens… Spinach or Palak for Babies is best source of iron and is full of vitamins & antioxidants. It is the most popular green vegetables loved by all moms across the globe. It provides essential minerals and vitamins, acts as natural laxative, loaded with antioxidants, aids in hydration and countless know benefits for babies, kids and adults as well. Iron rich food that helps fight anemia.
Spinach or Palak puree is the best weaning food that can be given to babies when you plan to introduce solids. Be careful when you pick Palak for Babies as its important to pick fresh, green Palak without holes or being turned yellow. Can be given to 6 months+. Also try our other puree recipes like 3 Veg Purees – Carrot, Potato, Beetroot, 4 Fruit Purees – Mango,Papaya,Banana,Chikoo, Vegetable Paneer Puree
How to make Spinach Puree for Babies?
Video in Hindi : पालक प्यूरी
Video in Kannada : ಪಾಲಕ್ ರಸ
Spinach Puree for Babies & Toddlers
Recipe Type: Baby food
- Palak/Spinach Leaves - 10-15
- Water - to cook/steam
- Take water in a pan, place Vegetable Steamer
- Spread rinsed Palak, close the glass lid and cook for 10 minutes
- Take out the Spinach or Palak leaves to a Blender and blend smooth to a fine puree
- Add cumin powder or cinnamon powder to flavor if needed.
- Serve fresh and warm to baby.
Benefits of Spinach for Babies
- Cures stomach disorders
- Rich in iron
- High in dietary fibers
- Cures constipation