3 FRUIT PUREES for Babies
Read this article in
Winter is here, along with chill it brings in worries to parents on how to safeguard their little ones. It is always good to give seasonal fruits and vegetables to your babies and kids as they not only help keep their immune system strong and healthy, but also reduce the chances of diseases like fever, cough and cold. These make the best first foods for babies as well.
About to start weaning your babies? Running short of recipes? Where to start with? All your answers are taken care of by our Tots and Moms Recipe for the Winter Fruits Puree for the Babies with our puree ideas and combinations. Homemade Fruit Purees are the best lets go homemade than the ready to eat packed ones available inn shops. They are packed with completely preservatives and coloring agents and artificial sweeteners making it addictive.
Mothers please do consider making your baby’s fruit purees the first food at home. It carries many advantages and customization with the DIY approach made by the beloved mother. In reality the counter available packed purees are generally expensive and rather let’s prepare fresh at home.
How long can you keep Homemade Fruit Purees in fridge?
We can store the Fruit purees for one day in Fridge and probably for three days in freezer, by pouring it in the ice tray.
All the cooking equipment and utensils are kept very clean. Use only Fruit board for chopping. Store individual serves of baby food in clean airtight containers for 1 day in fridge. Or we can store in the freezer for up to 1 month dated if your storing for longer ( Fresh preparation is suggested). It’s best to defrost baby food overnight in the fridge and then could be consumed the next day.
Flexible storage pods or ice cube trays could be used; we need to ensure the containers could be sealed.
Adding spices for the puree
The recipe we share now is winter special Fruit purees for babies to curb cold and adding few selected Spices that will help the babies keep the cold and cough at the bay. Cinnamon, Cardamom and Cumin the three C’s are the special Spice up ingredients for the babies to taste for in the recipe.
Your baby will definitely love the simple taste of fresh fruits puree and you will enjoy the recipe for its quick and easy methodology.
- Add little breast milk, formula or cooking liquid to pureed fruits for desired consistency.
- Gradually we can increase the texture of fruit and purees for your baby to learn chewing.
- Remove seeds and peel the fruits for making the Fruits puree (if necessary).
- Its best advised not to add sugar or salt to baby food, but natural sweeteners could be added.
How to make 3 FRUIT PUREES for Babies
3 Fruit Purees for Babies in Winter
Recipe Type: Breakfast, evening snacks, dinner
- Cinnamon Powder
- Jeera Powder
- Cardamom Powder
- Apple – 1 big
- Cardamom – ¼ th tsp
- Wash and peel and remove the core of the Apple, dice it into few slices.
- Transfer the diced Apple on to the steamer basket, for few minutes.
- Now transfer the softened Apples to the blender to blend it into a fine puree. The boiled Apple water can be added to the puree in case we want the puree to be runny.
- Pear – 1 big
- Cinnamon – ¼ th tsp
- Wash, peel and remove the core of the Pear, dice the Pear in abstract sizes.
- Transfer the Chopped Pear on to the steamer basket for few minutes.
- Now transfer the softened Pear to the blender or food processor to blend it into a fine smooth puree. The boiled Pear water can be added to the puree in case we want the puree to be runny.
- Pumpkin – 250 grams
- Jeera – ¼ th tsp
- Pumpkin 250 grams is taken and peeled and deseeded. Dice into few slices
- Transfer the diced Pumpkin on to the steamer basket, for few minutes
- Now transfer the softened Pumpkin to the blender to blend it into a fine puree. The boiled Pumpkin water can be added to the puree in case we want the puree to be runny
Benefits of Apple
- Cures stomach disorders
- Ensures smooth bowel movement so could be given during constipation and diarrhea
- High Fiber content helps in keeping the stomach full for longer time
- Induces sleep, could be given during cough days of the baby
- Benefits of adding Cardamom/Elaichi to the purees gives it interesting taste and are simple baby friendly spices for winter season.
Benefits of Pear
- Easy to digest
- Helps in healing wounds faster
- Stimulates the immune system the so called immune system booster
- Increases energy levels
- Antimicrobial properties
- Osteoporosis prevention
- Antioxidant properties hence protecting the cells
- Benefits of adding Cinnamon would help in Brain development and also a change in the puree taste, gives a soothing flavor while consuming the puree. It reduces the tooth decay and odour
Benefits of Pumpkin
- Protects eye health
- Helps in digestion because of its high fiber content
- Rich in anti-oxidants
- Helps in digestion
- Improves skin glow
- Immune system and energy level booster
- Helps baby sleep better because of the calmness inducing enzymes
- Benefits of adding Cumin/Jeera for the purees helps in digestion